Cheesy Baked Rigatoni made with tender pasta, ground beef, beef sausage, “homemade” marinara, and lots of cheese is a great dish to make any day of the week.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 13 oz beef sausage, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme, divided
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 oz fired-roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 lb rrigatoni pasta
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups 4-cheese pizzeria cheese
- Add olive oil to a large cooking pan at medium heat. Added chopped onions. Cook until onions are translucent. Added sliced beef sausage and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, mined garlic, sea salt, 1 tsp black pepper, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, and red pepper flakes. Cook until ground beef is browned.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, basil, rosemary, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp black pepper and stir together. Cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Boil rigatoni pasta as instructed, drain, and add to a large bowl.
- Pour the prepared pasta sauce pasta and fold ingredients together. Pour into casserole dish .
- Top pasta evenly with mozzarella cheese and 4-cheese pizzeria cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
Skip the expensive marinara, tomato, or pasta sauce. The recipe calls for basic cans of fire-roasted tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 572
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 1022mg
- Fat: 28.9g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
Keywords: Cheesy Baked Rigatoni, Baked Rigatoni, Cheesy Baked Rigatoni with Beef, pasta recipes