Cajun Fried Fish & Cheese Grits, a southern delicacy made with Cajun Orange Roughy fish and cheddar cheesy stone-ground grits; perfect for brunch or dinner.
For the grits:
- 1 cup Yellow Stone Ground Grits
3 1/2 cups Water
1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
2 tbsp. Butter
1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
For the fish:
- 1 lb. Orange Roughy Fish
- 1 cup Louisiana Fish Fry New Orleans Style Seafood Breading Mix
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 2 tsp. White Wine
- 4 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- In a medium-sized pot, add 3 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 evaporated milk and bring to a boil. Add 2 dashes of sea salt then slowly add 1 cup stone-ground grits. Continue to stir. Bring heat to low and continue to stir and cook for 20-25 minutes. Add butter, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese. Stir until smooth and bring heat to simmer.
- In a separate cast iron pan, add olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan and bring to medium heat.
- Season your Orange Roughy with black pepper and creole seasoning on both sides and set to the side.
- Add eggs and wine to a small bowl and mix. Add fish fry to a separate bowl. Dredge the seasoned fish in the egg mixture then transfer to the breading mix, covering completely. Once fully dredged, add the fish fillets to the hot cooking oil. Fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- Allow to cool then serve on top of cheesy stone-ground grits.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 636
- Fat: 20.4
Keywords: fish and grits, Cajun-flavored Orange Roughy fish, Cajun fried Orange Roughy, Cajun fried fish, fried fish, fried Orange Roughy