Cajun-flavored Orange Roughy fish paired with cheddar cheese corn grits, also known as polenta.
- 1 lb. Orange Roughy Fish Filets
- 1 cup Yellow Corn Cajun Fish Fry Mix
- 2 Large Organic Brown Eggs
- 2 tsp. White Cooking Wine
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 and 1/2 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1 cup Corn Grits AKA Polenta (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 cups Water
- 2 tsp. Butter
- Dash Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
1. In a medium sized pot, add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
2. Add 2 dashes of sea salt then slowly add 1 cup of corn grits (polenta) and continue to stir.
3. Bring heat to a low heat and continue to stir and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add butter, Parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese and stir until smooth and bring heat to simmer.
5. In a separate cooking pan, add olive oil to cover bottom of pan and bring to medium heat.
6. Season your Orange Roughy with black pepper and creole seasoning on both sides and set to side.
7. Add eggs and wine to a small bowl and mix well. Add fish fry to a separate bowl.
8. Dip the seasoned fish in the egg mixture then transfer to the fish fry mix and cover completely.
9. Once covered, add to hot cooking oil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
10. Once completed allow to cool then serve with grits.
You can substitute your favorite white wine for the cooking wine.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 636
- Fat: 20.4
Keywords: fish and grits, Cajun-flavored Orange Roughy fish, Cajun fried Orange Roughy, Cajun fried fish, fried fish, fried Orange Roughy