If you are a fan of Buffalo wings and pizza this Buffalo Chicken Calzone will bring those worlds together like no other!
- 1 lb Fresh Pizza Dough
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche
- 1 cup Shredded White Cheddar
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzeralla
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tsp Artisanal Seasoning
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp Cornmeal Medium Grind
- Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing (For Dipping)
- Spread pastry flour over kitchen counter top. Place fresh dough onto flour and begin to shape dough into a circle using hands. Finish shaping and flattening with roller.
- Butterfly cut the chicken breast then season both sides with paprika, 1/2 tsp black pepper and garlic powder. Cook the chicken breast on medium/high heated pan slightly coated with cooking oil for 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut the cooked chicken breast into cubes and place into a large bowl. Add parmesan cheese, Creme Fraiche, shredded white cheddar cheese, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, Artisanal seasoning, 1/2 tsp black pepper and Buffalo sauce and mix together.
- Add the chicken mixture onto one half of the pizza dough.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella into thick slices and add to the top of cheese mixture.
- Pull the other half of the dough over the cheese mixture leaving a one-inch edge. Push and twist the bottom and top edges of the dough until it’s sealed.
- In a small bowl, add egg and water then mix together. Brush the egg mixture over the entire top of the calzone, then cut 3 small holes with a sharp knife in the top of the dough.
- Add the cornmeal to the bottom of the baking pan and place the calzone on top of the cornmeal.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and cook the calzone for 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven once done and serve with ranch dressing.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 1079
- Fat: 68.8g
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Calzone, Chicken Calzone, Buffalo Calzone