A decadent, rich and creamy Baked Dark Chocolate Custard made with only 5 ingredients — plus an extra dose of chocolate and vanilla by way of Bailey’s Irish Cream. Served in small ramekins , this dessert is perfect for one or many.
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz. Bittersweet Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 4 Large Organic Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- Add heavy whipping cream to a pot and bring to a slight boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until well blended and smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, add egg, egg yolks, and sugar. Whisk until combined well.
- Add your chocolate mixture into the same bowl. Add vanilla extract and Bailey’s and slowly whisk .
- Place ramekins inside a baking dish, add hot water into the dish bringing the water to the halfway mark outside the ramekins .
- Pour custard mixture into each ramekin and bake at 275 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle 1/2 tbsp of sugar over the top of the chocolate, then use a torch to caramelize the sugar. This should only take a few seconds. Optionally, add powdered sugar.
This recipe makes 4 cups (32 oz.) of custard once all ingredients are combined. I used 6 (six) 5 oz. ramekins .
I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Premium Baking Chips for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 717
- Sugar: 50.1g
- Sodium: 155mg
- Fat: 42.1g
- Carbohydrates: 58.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Cholesterol: 238mg
Keywords: Baked Dark Chocolate Custard, Dark Chocolate Custard, Chocolate Custard