A quick and easy appetizer perfect to be served as a snack, quick bite, or a complete meal on its own, these Arancini (Rice Balls) are kicked up a notch with fantastic seasoning, smoked mozzarella, and a creamy pesto ranch dipping sauce.
- 1 Bag Success Rice
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 lb. Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Basil Flakes
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
Pesto Ranch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Ranch
- 1 tbsp. Basil Pesto, pre-made
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Cook Success Rice according to its instructions. Remove rice from the bag and allow it to cool.
- Cut your smoked mozzarella into small cubes. Set to the side.
- Remove the stems from the cilantro leaves and chop them into fine pieces. Set to the side.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 eggs and add to a large bowl along with cooked rice, chicken stock, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs, cilantro, smoked paprika, basil flakes, oregano, sage, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, Himalayan salt, and black pepper.
- Form balls by taking a handful of rice (enough to fit in the ball of your hand), slightly create a hole with your thumb, then add a smoked mozzarella block to the middle of the rice ball. Form into a ball, making sure cheese is enclosed completely.
- Add remaining Italian breadcrumbs and panko into a large bowl. Roll rice balls into the breadcrumb mixture until completely coated. Place on parchment paper and allow to cool in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Add oil to pan and heat pan to medium heat. Fry the rice balls for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and allow to cool on parchment paper or a paper towel.
- For the pesto ranch sauce, add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
Add cold water to a bowl to use for your hands to keep the rice from sticking while forming the balls.
Feel free to adjust the size of the rice ball (the overall size and/or ratio of rice to mozzarella cheese block) to your preference.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Sicilian
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Sodium: 538mg
- Fat: 17.4g
- Carbohydrates: 76.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 21.8g
- Cholesterol: 133mg
Keywords: Arancini (Rice Balls) with Smoked Mozzarella, Arancini with Smoked Mozzarella, Arancini (Rice Balls), Arancini, Stuffed Rice Balls, Rice Balls