You will definitely have to go hard or go home with this Colossal Crispy Chicken Sandwich, but you will not be disappointed with the flavors it brings to the table.
Many fast-food restaurants have some version of a crispy chicken sandwich so I figured why not throw my spin on a sandwich that I truly love. Being involved in sports my whole life, I’ve always had a pretty big appetite. So here we go!
If you aren’t up for the double meat manwich challenge you can easily downsize to a single chicken breast and still walk away satisfied.
Making the Colossal Crispy Chicken Sandwich:
- You begin this sandwich journey by cutting your boneless chicken breast into three pieces then coat with Creole seasoning and All-Purpose Flour.
- Place your coconut milk and eggs into a large bowl and whisk before allowing your chicken breast to rest inside of the creamy egg mixture.
- Double coating your chicken will result in a crispy texture we all love to bite into.
- You will cook each chicken piece for 4 minutes on each side.
Choosing the bread for any sandwich is one of the most important decisions you will make. I chose to use Brioche bread with this recipe simply because of the buttery flavor and soft texture. The finishing touch is the cheese added to the top of your chicken before broiling it just long enough to melt your Pepper Jack.
When you are in the mood to tackle this Colossal Crispy Chicken Sandwich be prepared to be pleasantly surprised and satisfied. Enjoy!Print
You’ll have to go hard or go home with this Colossal Crispy Chicken Sandwich, but you will not be disappointed with the flavors it brings to the table.
- 1 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Brioche Bread Loaf
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Large Organic Brown Eggs
- 4 oz. Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground All Spice
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. White Pepper
- 1 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- 4 to 8 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Tomato Slices
- Dijon Mustard
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces. Season the chicken with the creole seasoning. Slightly coat the chicken with 1 tbsp of flour.
- In a large bowl, add your eggs and coconut milk and whisk until smooth. Place your chicken pieces into the bowl and allow to soak while preparing the flour bags.
- You will need 2 large zip lock bags. Add 1 cup of all purpose flour into each bag. In one bag of flour add the garlic powder and slightly mix it together. In the other bag, add ground all spice, paprika, ground thyme, white pepper and red cayenne pepper then mix it together.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and cover the bottom of the pan with olive oil.
- Remove chicken from bowl, allow to drain, and add to flour bag with garlic powder. Coat completely. Remove the chicken from the bag and add back into the egg and coconut milk mixture. Add to second seasoned flour bag with remaining ingredients.
- Add chicken to pre-heated pan. Each chicken breast piece should cook for 4 minutes on each side or until you get the desire crispy texture.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and add Pepper Jack cheese slices on top of each piece. Place in oven until cheese melts. Use can use the Broil.
- Place chicken between brioche slices. Add tomato and dijon mustard.
Cutting chicken: Cutting down the center and then cutting the thick piece sideways should give you 6 pieces all together.
You can slightly toast your bread by adding butter and placing it into a hot buttered pan until it slightly browns.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 581
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 458mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 42.6g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 64.8g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
Keywords: Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Sandwich, Fried Chicken Sandwich