You will definitely have to go hard or go home with this colossal crispy chicken sandwich, but you will not be disappointed with the flavors it brings to the table. If you aren’t up for the double meat manwich challenge you can easy downsize to a single chicken breast and still walk away satisfied.
- 1 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Brioche Bread Loaf
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Large Organic Brown Eggs
- 4 oz. Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground All Spice
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. White Pepper
- 1 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- 4 to 8 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Optional Condiments:
- Tomato Slices
- Dijon Mustard
1. To begin, wash your chicken and cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces.
2. Tip: Cutting down the center and then cutting the thick piece sideways should give you 6 pieces all together.
3. Season the chicken with the creole seasoning by rubbing the seasoning into the meat.
4. Slightly coat the chicken with a tbsp of flour.
5. In a large bowl, add your eggs and coconut milk and whisk until smooth.
6. Place your chicken pieces into the bowl and allow it to soak while preparing the flour.
7. You will need 2 large zip lock bags. Add 1 cup of all purpose flour into each bag.
8. In one bag of flour add the garlic powder and slightly mix it together.
9. In the other bag, add ground all spice, paprika, ground thyme, white pepper and red cayenne pepper then mix it together.
10. Pre-heat cooking pan to medium or slightly high heat and cover the bottom of the pan enough olive oil to fry one half of your meat.
11. Take the chicken from bowl, drain, and add to flour bag with garlic powder then completely coat the chicken.
12. Remove the chicken from the bag and add them back into the egg and coconut milk mix.
13. Take the chicken from the bowl and add the pieces into the second seasoned bag with the remaining ingredients.
14. Once the chicken has been completed covered, add the pieces into the pre-heated pan.
15. The size of your cooking pan will determine your total cook time. If you can fit 3 pieces into your pan your cooking time should be as listed.
16. Each chicken breast piece should cook for 4 minutes on each side or until you get the desire crispy texture.
17. Once your chicken is cooking, you can pre-heat your oven to a high heat or broil.
18. When the chicken is complete, place on baking sheet and add your desire amount of pepper jack cheese slices to each chicken piece. Place in oven until cheese melts. Make sure to monitor this so it will not over cook.
19. Once the chicken is out of the oven, set to the side and slice your brioche loaf into desired slice thickness.
20. You can slightly toast your bread by adding butter and placing it into a hot pan until it slightly browns.
21. Add tomato and dijon mustard if desired and serve.