If you love avocados, then stuffing them may be the perfect alternative! This recipe uses ground turkey and cheese to create a new way to avocado! Let me introduce you to one my personal favorites called the Turkey Wrapped Stuffed Avocado.
Not only do avocados have health benefits, but when you stuff them with cheese it opens up doors you never knew you could access! You can choose to wrap this stuffed avocado with ground turkey or ground chicken, but whatever your preference it will still taste great. The preparation can become a bit tedious, but it’s definitely worth it — especially when you are able to take your first bite.
Making the Turkey Wrapped Stuffed Avocados:
- Begin the process by carefully removing the skin from the avocado.
- Cut your cheese block into small cubes that will fit inside of the avocado (after removing the seed).
- Flatten your ground meat and begin to cover the exterior of the stuffed avocado.
- Quick tip, keep you hands wet to prevent the meat from sticking to your hands.
- Once your avocado is covered with the egg mixture and breadcrumbs, fry until golden brown.
- Pair the stuffed avocados with a side of marinara sauce for a creative personal or game day snack.
Give this Turkey Wrapped Stuffed Avocado a spot on your dinner table and let me know what you think!Print
If you love avocados, then stuffing them may be the perfect alternative! This recipe using ground turkey and cheese to create a new way to avocado!
- 2 Medium Avocados
- 2 oz. Monterery Jack Cheese Block
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko Japanese Style Breadcrumbs
- 1 Large Brown Organic Egg
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 lb. Ground Lean Turkey or Ground Lean Chicken
- Slice the avocados the long way, carefully remove the skin and remove the seed.
- Cut your monterey jack cheese block to match the size of the seeds removed.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add olive oil (or oil of preference).
- Spread the flour over a plate, add the egg and mix in a bowl, then add the breadcrumbs and panko crumbs together in a separate bowl.
- Place the cut cheese inside of the avocado and make sure the avocado can close (when placing the other half of the avocado on top)
- In a separate bowl, add your ground meat, season, then mix well with hands. Take a hand full of ground meat and completely wrap the avocado. Roll the covered avocado in the flour, dip into the mixed egg, and roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Cook the covered avocado on each of the sides including the top and bottom section for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool then serve with a side of marinara sauce (optional).
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 233mg
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 48.8g
- Fiber: 10.5g
- Protein: 25.5g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
Keywords: Turkey Wrapped Stuffed Avocado, Stuffed Avocado