Cookies are the perfect snack, especially when you’re looking for something quick to grab. These Soft & Chewy Lemon Cookies are so simple to make, you can whip up a batch in around 20 minutes!
The “Cookie Monster” is a childhood character I grow up loving because I felt I was able to relate to his love for cookies! And who doesn’t love cookies? I mean, milk and cookies have always been a great combination for me — and my sweet tooth. This recipe is the union of my love for cake and cookies.
Say hello to my Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies! If you tend to order the lemon dessert on the menu, then these quick and easy cookies will be your perfect anytime treat. Personally, I really love anything with lemon and with these cookies, I kept it very simple with no added ingredients like nuts or white chocolate chips. However, if you’d like to add anything to this “mix”, feel free to get creative!
Using cake mix adds a very soft consistency to cookie. The recipe results in very thin and crispy edges with a chewy center. That spells a tasty cookie where I am from! On top of that, the vanilla and lemon extract hits your taste buds like a right hook (yep, serious business). The buttery taste that remains on your palate comes from the real butter captured in every bite. There is no way you will be able to eat just one.
When making Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies:
- For me, it is best to mix the dry ingredients together before adding the eggs and softened butter just to keep the consistency throughout each bite.
- With that said, make sure your butter if not completely melted as that can change the texture of the cookie.
- Since the dough is blended with a cake mix, make sure you are using a non-stick pan and thoroughly grease the pan with cooking spray, butter, or oil.
When you want to treat the family to a great lemony dessert, give these Lemon Cake Cookies a try and you will fall in lemon love. Enjoy!Print
These Soft & Chewy Lemon Cookies are so simple to make, you can whip up a batch in around 20 minutes!
- 15.25 oz. Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cake mix, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, lemon extract and olive oil to a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add each of the 3 eggs into the bowl one at a time while continuing to whisk ingredients.
- Add softened butter. Whisk until slightly smooth then set to the side.
- Coat baking sheet with butter or cooking spray. Add 1 tbsp of cookie dough to a non-stick baking sheet with 2-3 inches in between each cookie after. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Allow to cool then serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 14.7g
Keywords: cookies, lemon cookies, lemon cake cookies