Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to share something special with that special someone. And I can’t think of a better way to show appreciation than with something sweet to eat like these Red Velvet Cake Cookies.
I am a big fan of red velvet cake and the texture of the cookie brings both worlds together; not too dense, but still soft and chewy. This particular recipe went over very well with my daughter, so I try to make these for her when she craves something sweet — and they take almost no time to prepare.
Making the Red Velvet Cake Cookies:
- Start by adding the red velvet cake mix, eggs, honey, vanilla extract, brown sugar and melted butter into a large bowl. Most simple cake or cookie recipes use oil, but I decided to go with butter. It really makes a difference in the texture of the cookie.
- Use a hand blender to mix all ingredients. Once combined, fold in your white chocolate chips.
- Place spoon-sized portions of the cookie dough onto a non-stick baking sheet leaving a few inches in between each cookie. I use cooking spray or butter to ensure the cookies don’t stick.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 11 minutes then allow to cool.
If you love red velvet cake then these Red Velvet Cake Cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth and will have you doing your happy dance.Print
The perfect soft and chewy texture shines through in these Red Velvet Cake Cookies that use a quick and easy cake mix as the base of the recipe.
- 15.25 oz Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pure Honey
- 1 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 2 Large Brown Eggs
- In a large bowl, combine red velvet cake mix, eggs, honey, vanilla extract, brown sugar and melted butter. Fold the white chocolate chips into the mix.
- Add spoon-sized portions of cookie dough onto a baking sheet leaving space in between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 19.5g
- Sodium: 108mg
- Fat: 16.8g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
Keywords: Red Velvet Cake Cookies, Red Velvet Cookies, Cake Cookies, Valentine’s Day cookies