Mexican Chilaquiles are the perfect when you want to enjoy a traditional Mexican breakfast!
- 12 Soft Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/3 cup White Cheddar Shredded Cheese
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Mild Taco Bell Sauce
- 3/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- Begin by stacking the soft tortilla shells and cut them into 8 parts like a pizza.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and cook the tortilla shells for 15 minutes then set to the side.
- Pre-heat cooking pot to low/medium heat and add olive oil. Add All Purpose Flour, Minced Garlic, Chili Powder, Paprika, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Mild Taco Bell Sauce, Minced Jalapeno and Tomato Sauce then stir until blended.
- Add cooked tortilla chips to sauce and stir together on low heat.
- Pre-heat a separate cooking pan to medium heat and add 1 tsp of butter. Add unscrambled egg to pan and cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes until the top of the yoke has a slight white coat.
- Add mixed chips from sauce into a bowl and add cheese. Top off with fried eggs. Serve hot.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 579
- Fat: 29.6g
Keywords: Mexican Chilaquiles, Chilaquiles