The sound of the ice cream man’s truck riding down the street is one that still excites me til this day. I could never figure out what I wanted because of all of the choices, but I always loved the ice cream sandwich. So, today I bring to a spin on a childhood favorite. Triple chocolate fudge cookies sandwiched between coconut almond chocolate gelato — say hello to the Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich!
The recipe places Talenti Coconut Almond Chocolate Gelato in between freshly baked chocolate cookies made using Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. This recipe always brings the energy in the home to a high because the kids are always ready for the ice cream sandwiches to come out of the freezer.
In just a few steps, you too can enjoy the Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Begin this process by simply adding the cookie ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add spoon-sized portions of cookie dough onto a baking sheet leaving a few inches in between each cookie.
- Place them in the oven at 350 degrees for around 11 minutes then allow to cool.
- Build your cookie sandwich and eat before the gelato begins to melt. Or if the kids can wait a while, you can place them in the freezer to allow the gelato to firm up a bit.
Anything that combines the words chocolate and coconut has to be a dessert you’re willing to break your normal diet for! You will be on a chocolate high after enjoying this dessert. Give this Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich a spot on your home menu when you want a dessert you just can’t get enough of.
Triple chocolate fudge cookies sandwiched between coconut almond chocolate gelato — say hello to the Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich!
- 15.25 oz. Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 pint Talenti Coconut Almond Chocolate Gelato
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pure Honey
- 2 Large Brown Eggs
- In a large bowl, combine triple chocolate fudge cake mix, eggs, honey, vanilla extract, brown sugar and melted butter. Blend until it begins to bind.
- Add spoon-sized portions of cookie dough onto a baking sheet leaving space in between each cookie. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
- Once complete allow cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add 1 scoop of coconut almond chocolate getato in between 2 cookies and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 526
- Sugar: 43g
- Sodium: 711mg
- Fat: 27.9g
- Carbohydrates: 68.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
Keywords: Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich, Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich, Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich, Ice Cream Sandwich