A classic combination of Crispy Fried Chicken and Cheddar Biscuit drenched in a honey and butter sauce that is the perfect compliment to each and every bite.
For the Biscuit:
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 Stick Butter (Softened)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2/3 cup Organic Milk
For the Chicken:
- 2 Organic Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Large Organic Egg
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Organic Milk
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
For the Honey Butter Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 4 tbsp Butter Melted
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Dash Ground Cumin
- Dash Black Pepper
For the cheddar biscuits:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, garlic powder and baking powder. Slightly stir.
- In a small bowl add softened butter and one slightly scrambled egg. Mix together.
- Add butter mixture to bowl with flour and stir until it begins to bind. Add milk and continue to stir until it forms a stiff dough.
- Pour cheddar cheese into bowl with the other ingredients. Fold the cheese into the mixture. Do not over mix.
- Add pastry flour to a flat surface. Place the dough on surface and begin to mold the dough into a thick rectangular shape with a roller pin. Cut your biscuit pieces with a biscuit cutter.
- Once you’ve cut the first round of biscuits roll the dough into a ball again and repeat the steps above. Add to non-stick baking sheet. The dough will make 4-6 biscuits depending on size of cutter.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven and brush with 1 tbsp melted butter. Set to the side.
For the fried chicken:
- Add cooking oil to cooking pan on medium heat.
- Cut your chicken breasts into three 3 even pieces.
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces with paprika, ground cumin, black pepper and sea salt. Slightly coat each piece with flour.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour into one bag and 1/2 cup of flour, panko breadcrumbs, oregano and garlic powder into a separate bag.
- Add 2 eggs and milk into a bowl and mix together.
- Submerge the chicken into the egg mixture, then add to the flour only bag and shake well until coated.
- Add the chicken back to the egg mixture and place chicken into the panko breadcrumb bag and shake until well coated.
- Cook each chicken piece for 4 minutes each side and set to the side when done.
For the Honey Butter Sauce:
- Add honey, melted butter, nutmeg, black pepper and ground cumin and whisk together until it’s smooth and thick.
Putting the biscuit together:
- Cut the biscuit in half. Add fried chicken piece then top chicken off with honey butter sauce and place other half of biscuit at the top.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 857
- Fat: 33.2g
Keywords: Fried Chicken Cheddar Biscuit, Fried Chicken Biscuit, Chicken Biscuit, Cheddar Biscuits