Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches made with the chocolate chip cookie recipe made famous by DoubleTree Hotels by Hilton.
- ½ pound butter, softened (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned (rolled oats)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 2/3 cups Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 1 ¾ cups walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a stand mixer bowl on medium speed for about two minutes.
Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice, blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about two minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Portion dough with a scoop (about three tablespoons) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about two inches apart.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is still soft. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about one hour.
- You can freeze the unbaked cookies, and there’s no need to thaw. Preheat oven to 300°F and place frozen cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheet, about two inches apart. Bake until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.
- You can roll your ice cream sandwiches in saran wrap and place them in your freezer to enjoy later.
- Nutritional values below are based on the cookie recipe only.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie, Ice Cream Sandwiches