If you love breading pudding and love the taste of banana bread, the combination of the two will be the best of both worlds. My grandmother used to make Blueberry Banana Bread Pudding once a year and I would always look forward to that time.
Being from Louisiana there are a lot of different versions of the bread pudding recipes, so creating a new version with my unique twist and stamp on it won’t come as a surprise. Banana bread is another treat that I enjoy from time to time and that was the main reason I wanted to combine two favorites to make something great.
Food historians have dated bread pudding back to the 11th and 12th centuries and by the 13th century it was actually known as the “poor mans pudding”.
The flavors you get from the blueberries and lemon lest along with the sweetness from the honey and bananas make this dish a knockout. You can enjoy the bread solo or place small chunks of bread pudding in a bowl and top it off with some Bourbon, Vanilla, Caramel, or Rum Sauce! Your choice.
Here are a few more dessert favorites I grew up enjoying:
- Sweet Potato Hand Pies
- New Orleans Beignets
- Bananas Foster Bundt Cake
- Southern Pecan Praline Candy
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Love breading pudding and love banana bread? The combination of the two will be best of both worlds in this Blueberry Banana Bread Pudding recipe.
- 3 Organic Ripe Bananas
- 2 Organic Brown Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Pure Honey
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Dash Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Glazed Walnuts, or nut of choice
- 2 tbsp. Melted Butter
- In a large bowl, smash the bananas until smooth. Add eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, melted butter, pure honey and vanilla greek yogurt then mix until smooth.
- Pour in flour, baking powder and mix until well blended. Add blueberries and glazed walnuts (set aside a few glazed walnuts to add to the top of dish before baking).
- Pour mixed ingredients into 9×5 Loaf Pan. Top off with remaining glazed walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Allow to cool then serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 3.9g
Keywords: Blueberry Banana Bread Pudding, Banana Bread Pudding, Blueberry Bread Pudding, Bread Pudding