I’m getting ready for game day Sundays and Eckrich Smoked Sausage is making it easy breezy.
It’s time to get ready for some football! Most Sundays, everyone knows where to find me. I’ll be in front of the television with my remote control in one hand (to switch between the games, of course) and in the other hand I’m chowing down on a game day snack.
When I don’t make it to the game, there is one thing you can count on – and that’s Sunday game day at my house. Guilty to say, I am horrible when it comes to planning, but when it’s time to pull together a delicious dish for the day’s festivities, I know I can count on Eckrich Smoked Sausage.
I think most of us love a great dip and when it’s time to feed a crowd, this dip is my go to dish. It’s quick and easy to whip up, takes little planning, and the end result is always a crowd favorite. On top of that, sausage and cheese are the perfect pair, and who doesn’t want to dip into some cheesy, smoky goodness? [raises hand]
Eckrich Turkey Smoked Skinless Sausage Rope is my favorite option and goes perfectly with this recipe. Starting with a creamy layer of cream cheese blended with sour cream, the dip begins to take form as the layers are piled on.
A holy trinity (bell peppers, onions, and celery) and mushroom mixture comes next, followed by a little kick from the red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and crusted tomatoes. Then, it’s all topped off with a generous serving of naturally hardwood smoked Eckrich Turkey Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope, crafted with just the right blend of spices for a truly rich, savory taste and topped off with mozzarella cheese. Oh man, the flavors you get from that smoked sausage really brings it all together. It’s a game day masterpiece! With a wide variety of flavors and forms, including rope and links, Eckrich Smoked Sausage is the perfect go-to ingredient that is so versatile I can use it for any meal occasion.
All you need now is something to dip it with, and a toasted crostini is the way to go.
Look no further than my 30-Minute Cheesy Smoked Sausage Dip for your next game day gathering; or really anytime when you need something quick, easy, and downright good. You’ll spend less time preparing it and more time watching the game!
Want to get in on some more fun? Eckrich is the official sponsor of the College Football Playoff and they’re giving college football fans around the country the chance to make a 15-yard throw for $1 Million dollars during their popular Road to the National Championship sweepstakes! Visit EckrichFootball.com to enter for a chance to win.
For more info about Eckrich Smoked Sausage, as well as quick and easy recipes please visit www.eckrich.com. You can find the product in the Deli section at your local grocery store.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Eckrich Smoked Sausage.Print
I think most of us love a great dip and when it’s time to feed a crowd, my 30-Minute Cheesy Smoked Sausage Dip is always a game day favorite.
- 13 oz. Eckrich Turkey Smoked Skinless Sausage
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Celery, Chopped
- 4 oz. Portobella Mushroom
- 28 oz. Fire Roasted Crusted Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Large Brown Organic Egg
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Begin by adding cream cheese, egg, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, sour cream and garlic powder to a bowl and mix together until smooth. Set to the side.
- Pre-heat cooking pot to medium heat and add crusted tomatoes, black pepper, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, Parmesan cheese and oregano and stir while cooking until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- In a separate cooking pan, pre-heat to medium heat and add olive oil. Chop the mushroom, onions, red peppers, green peppers, Eckrich Turkey Smoked Skinless Sausage and celery. Add to pan and cook for 6 minutes or until turkey sausage is browned. Set to the side.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese block into small chunks and set to the side.
- In a medium-sized baking dish, add cream cheese mixture spreading across the bottom of the dish evenly. Top the cream cheese mixture with the crushed tomato sauce. Add cooked peppers and turkey sausage mixture over the crushed tomato sauce. Top off with chopped mozzarella cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake dip for 20 minutes.
- Once complete serve with toasted crostini’s or your favorite chips.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 18.1
Keywords: 30-Minute Dip, Cheesy Smoked Sausage Dip, Cheesy Sausage Dip, Sausage and Cheese Dip